Waco Foundation was established in 1958 - as the Waco Perpetual Growth Foundation - through a gift of $30,000 from Waco native Mr. R.B. Parrott and his wife, Edith Heinze Parrott. That initial investment has helped Waco Foundation progress in its mission to promote solutions to community challenges, strengthen local nonprofits, engage philanthropists and manage charitable assets in order to improve life in Waco and McLennan County. Waco Foundation expresses its values by supporting organizations that help those whose resources are limited so they can lead productive, responsible and fulfilling lives.
Over the past several years, Waco Foundation has had the honor of awarding almost $1,000,000 in competitive grant awards each year. The size and number of grants awarded are based upon the amount of money available each year.