Waco Foundation is especially committed to serving our most vulnerable residents – low income populations, people with disabilities, the elderly, children and youth (including those in the juvenile justice system or aging out of foster care). To that end, we have developed our Immediate Impact Grants program to provide up to $5,000 to organizations that are delivering direct services to one or more of these populations.
Immediate Impact Grants can be used to provide program and/or operating support for local initiatives that are targeted towards the following populations:
- Low income populations
- People with disabilities
- Elderly individuals with limited financial means/access to resources
- Children and youth
Grant dollars may be used to support efforts such as out of school activities for children and youth; the delivery of general human services assistance; workforce readiness preparation and job placement; life skills training; parental education; the reduction of hunger; or service to the isolated elderly or people with disabilities. Grant funds cannot be used for religious activities.
Eligible organizations include 501(c)3 designated nonprofits and certain taxing entities* (e.g. McLennan County school districts, community & technical colleges, CPS & Juvenile programs). As with all Waco Foundation grants, applicant organizations must be physically located in and provide services to McLennan County residents.
Our first priority will be to support small, grassroots/independent organizations which have limited organizational assistance with regard to fundraising (e.g. do not have an affiliated foundation that can help them generate funds) and serve current residents as well as those interested in making the greater Waco area their home for the long term.
*For more information on the types of activities that taxing entities may seek support for, check out the section entitled: Immediate Impact Grants for Taxing Entities.
It is important to note that like all other Foundation grants, Immediate Impact Grants are awarded on a reimbursement basis only, upfront dollars are not available.
Application Instructions for Nonprofits
Nonprofits seeking support via an Immediate Impact grant need only submit a narrative and the attachments mentioned below. Be sure to answer the questions listed, in the order listed, and use Times New Roman, 12 point font. Do insert a footer on each page as follows: “Your Organization’s Name Immediate Impact Grant Proposal” and page number. The application should not exceed three pages, including the budget.
- Organization Name
- Grant Contact Name, Title & Email
- Executive Director Name & Email
- Organization Address & Phone
- Organization EIN#
- Organization Mission
- Project Name & Location, Start & End Date
- Project Description, Proposed Outputs & Outcomes:Describe the purpose of the proposed project, the issue your program seeks to address, the significance of that issue and its impact on McLennan County if it is not addressed. Indicate your target population and estimate the number of people to be served. Summarize the project’s parameters/plan of action. As appropriate, identify outputs and outcomes for the project. Outcome measurements are important to the Foundation, to learn more about them click here.
- Community Impact: Describe how your project aligns with the mission and goals/objectives of the Foundation.
- Project Budget & Determination: Submit a budget detailing the projected income and expenses related to the request. Note whether each funding source has already been secured or is anticipated. Be sure to describe how the cost of the project was determined.
- Total funds raised to date and the sources of those funds.
- Total funds being requested from Waco Foundation for this effort.
Attachments (pages counted separately):
- Cover letter signed by Board Chair & Executive Director
- List of your board members, their terms & individual meeting attendance rates for the last 12 months and whether or not they have participated in any board (four hours or more) or fundraising training within the last three years.
- Organizational budgets for the current & previous fiscal year